coding a visual idea a day
Welcome! My name is Alexandre Villares and since January, 2018 I have been coding sketches everyday, publishing the source code in the same repository that stores this page, github.com/villares/sketch-a-day.
The results are mostly tentative, exploratory, and I don’t feel like they need to be relevant or meaningful on any particular day. The everyday practice leads to the emergence of ideas that I consider interesting, worthy of further exploration. Some of those have been added to selected work, this collection itself became valuable for me, and it is my pleasure to share it with anyone willing to explore coding as a creative and expressive medium.
Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding licenses to use my work, teaching opportunities, consulting or other projects. Moreover, I kindly invite you to subscribe to my newsletter, [sketch-mail]. If you appreciate what I have been doing, you may support my artistic work, research and open educational resources I publish on-line using gumroad.com/villares or PayPal.
Here are listed some of the tools I have been using:
- [Py.Processing] Processing Python mode
- [Processing Java Processing Java or “standard” mode
- [pyp5js] a Python to p5js trancriptor
- [shoebot] Generate vector graphics with Python
- [flat] A generative infrastructure library for Python
- [p5py] A new Python implementation of Processing ideas
- [VPython] Python + glowscript gives you 3D on the browser
#genuary prompt: Let someone else decide the general rules of your piece.
@HenryJo20974294: “If you draw something, erase one part of it randomly”&
@mgmalheiros: “Let the universe entropy (or its proxy, random() ) pick a few rule parts for you…”